Tutankhamun Topless Maillot (Stretch Woven)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
This was a request of Egyptologist and vintage fashion aficionada, Dr. Colleen Darnel, whose proclivities bear an uncanny resemblance to our own here at Pride. The colours are those of Tutankhamun's death mask. The cut is that of Rudi Gernreich's iconic, 1964, topless maillot. Any ruminations we might offer on Egyptian revivalism and 1960s Modernist fashion, would have nothing to do with the snap descision we came to with Colleen, to make a King Tut monokini, thus, we will spare you the lies.
We made a few extras when making one for Colleen. If there are none in your size, we are able to quote a fair price based on our capacity at the time and availability of fabric.
We minimise gaping at the rear (a standard problem with boylegs) by running tensioned rubber through the rear leg seam, then loosening the tension through the front leg for comfort. Our boy leg is slightly shorter than most, to do away with the need for any centre-back seam.
This item is from our fast drying French Woven range. Every strand is elastane with a flexible nylon and polyester casing around it. The drying time, fabric life and compressive (figure controlling) effect are like nothing you have ever experienced in a swimsuit. The elaborate milling process carries a cost, but rest assured, that will be forgotten. The benefits of your investment are what will endure.
- Like all Pride maillots, the lining works in balance with the self fabric for the ultimate in figure control.
- the lining behind the upper-waist seam is secured to the rubber between the two layers.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, whether it is metallic gold, weat coloured or dark blue, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it. (Read about the French Woven fabric we use).
- The lining is the same fabric, but black, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- The lapis coloured adjustable straps are 78% Recycled Nylon ("Econyl") and 22% Xtra Life Lycra.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex is used through the staps and all opening seams.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester from Coats in the UK.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design by Steven Fleming with inspiration from Rudi Gernreich.