Seconde Peau Swimsuit
This variant is currently sold out
In the middle and at the end of a work day, you will be ready for a swim and a sun-bake without ever having to change. You will even be able to go straight from the office to a restaurant then on to a night club or concert. This versatile piece is fully self lined for a level of shape control no single-layered garment can match. Combined with darts, strong nylon enhances your figure without flattening the breasts like most swimsuits.
Available with adjustable straps for those prone to bodysurfing or diving from heights, or simple fixed straps for land-going mermaids wanting a second-skin (seconde peau) for long days of work, play and leisure.
CURRENT EXPECTED WAIT TIME FOR MAKING: 2 DAYS
- The same 190gsm fabric has been used to line both the front and back panels, to maximise colour depth and shape control.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the breasts and to provide a slight lift.
- On sliding straps variants, O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for PRIDE so they double as a decorative feature.
- The cut is just high enough on the hip to lengthen the leg in the eyes of the viewer, without drawing attention to the trick being played.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. In other words, it is designed to look best on the body, not the clothes hanger.
- Bottom coverage is such that this swimsuit can be worn modest or cheeky, as shown.
- Self fabric and lining in matching 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams and 8mm across the neck, back and buttocks.
- For a flat profile, the straps are elasticated with ultra strong 0.12mm thick Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber from Japan.
- All hardware is moulded exclusively for PRIDE using alloys not effected by salt water or by chlorine. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.
- Studio photography by Edward Cross in Newcastle
- Location photography by Steven Fleming
- The size-6 bodysuits in our photos are modelled by Lili Kahmali, bust 75cm, waist 58cm, lower hip 89cm, cup size A.
- Lili is managed by Busy Models, Australia.
- The name Seconde Peau was the idea of our French friend, Charlene.
Instructions for making
Cut four whole pieces of premium fashion fabric, two for the lining and two for the back. Heat press all labels. 3-thread overlock lining and self of the front pieces across the wide neck and fix spaghetti straps with long bar tacks. Meter rubber to seam and zig-zag stitch lining to rubber. Now form two impeccable darts with a straight stitch. Overlock leg seams, apply rubber to them, then fully stitch lining to rubber, right the way down to the crotch. Turn right-side-out and close side seams. You are ready now to start joining the assembled front panel to the lining and the self of the back. Overlock the lining to the self of the back panel to close the openings across the buttocks and back. Apply rubber, fold hems and secure with a twin needle hemming machine. Secure the ends of all seams with a bar tack then thread and bar tack spaghetti straps using custom 8-sliders and O-rings (skip if requiring fixed straps). Trim spare thread and rubber. Dust off any tailor's chalk, apply swing tag and pack.
Match complete swimsuit to a woman who fits into it snuggly. It should be a tight squeeze to get in. Stand back now and watch as she enjoys being seen in a swimsuit that smooths and yet honours her curves. Feel like Michelangelo after freeing an angel from stone.