Gold, Wheat and Lapis High Leg Metalic Maillot, (Fast Drying French Woven)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
A high leg, for us, means crossing that part of your hip where you have the least subcutaneous fat. It is also a leg line that will visually lengthen your leg. While it is not a g-string, you can wear it cheeky, with only minimal gathering of fabric behind. The tradeoff, for some, is the slimness in front; use the photos to judge if this might be a problem for you.
This item is from our fast drying French Woven range. Every strand is elastane with a flexible nylon and polyester casing around it. The drying time, fabric life and compressive (figure controlling) effect are like nothing you have ever experienced in a swimsuit. The elaborate milling process carries a cost, but that will soon be forgotten; the many benefits of your investment are what will endure.
- A high leg line helps provide a statuesque look, underlined by the low and square neckline, working together to visually shorten the torso.
- Side darts allow for the bust and help the fabric do its thing with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for Pride to double as a decorative feature.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, whether it is metallic gold or coloured, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it. (Read about the French Woven fabric we use).
- The lining is the same fabric, but black, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.