High Leg Metalic Maillot, in Three Available Colours (Fast Drying French Woven)
Orders Resume on Monday
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
A high leg, for us, means crossing that part of your hip where you have the least subcutaneous fat. It is also a leg line that will visually lengthen your leg. While it is not a g-string, you can wear it cheeky, with only minimal gathering of fabric behind. The tradeoff, for some, is the slimness in front; use the photos to judge if this might be a problem for you.
This item is from our fast drying French Woven range. Every strand is elastane with a flexible nylon and polyester casing around it. The drying time, fabric life and compressive (figure controlling) effect are like nothing you have ever experienced in a swimsuit. The elaborate milling process carries a cost, but that will soon be forgotten; the many benefits of your investment are what will endure.
- A high leg line helps provide a statuesque look, underlined by the low and square neckline, working together to visually shorten the torso.
- Side darts allow for the bust and help the fabric do its thing with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for Pride to double as a decorative feature.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, whether it is metallic gold or another colour, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it. (Read about the French Woven fabric we use).
- The lining is the same fabric, but black, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.
Alchemy is a trial and error process of rudderless experimentation with a mind to improbable goals. Alchemy is the best you can do, if your aim is to turn lead into gold, or make a swimsuit that can transport a person through time.
Some future humans will look at this swimsuit and laugh, for one of two possible reasons: either it will have been proven that time travel is impossible, or, time travel will exist, but it will not involve luxury swimwear.
There will be future humans, however, who will look at Pride's Time Travel maillot the way more generous people, today, look back at the alchemists' work. "At least the alchemists were trying!" we say, for it is better for a generation to clutch at improbable goals than sit on their hands and do nothing.
One does not approach alchemy with common ingredients. We assume others have tried those and failed. We do what hasn't been done, because it is not easily done, because it involves the rarest elements anyone could possibly find. It is in that spirit that we have gone to the boldest, most innovative manufacture of swimwear fabric on Earth, for a stretch-weave in our signature colour, red oxide. Interwoven with the red oxide strands are others bound in gold polyester. As swim fabrics go, this is ground unicorn horn!
The visual effect is not the result of a print process prone to wear off. The effect is in the weave. Another way to explain that, is to tell you the fabric, on the roll, is the same on both sides! There is no front and back.
In no way is function compromised either. Shape control, drying time and durability is the same as it is for other items in our French-woven, luxury range.
The genesis of this swimsuit can be found in an essay on Futurist/futuristic architecture and what it says about you and your city.