Swimsuit, Celadon and Red Oxide (Stretch Woven)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
Stretch dobby fabric, milled especially for Pride, and a colour scheme riffing on the theme of oxidisation, combine in a modest, undeniably luxurious and versatile swimsuit for women who actually swim.
Across cultures, celadon has been a colour jealously guarded by the wealthy, who themselves have had difficulty describing its particular hue. It is formed when firing ceramics that have a thin glaze of iron oxide. The iron becomes ferrous, and green in the kiln.
Iron oxide isn't reserved for the rich. In port cities, we see it most times we go to our harbours and oceans to swim, mixed into the red oxide paint on ships' hulls.
The aristocracy, supported by common industry: that is the conceit of this colour scheme. Red oxide coloured straps and cover stitching hold up and secure a swimsuit made using a jealously guarded colour and fabric.
Features our sports neck, designed for high diving, bodysurfing, bungie jumping, or anything that might force a top down. We make the straps wider so they are easier to adjust. Leave them loose when your preference is comfort. Cinch tight when you're ready for action.
The leg seam on this full bottomed swimsuit crosses the upper thigh in line with the fullest part of the bottom, then scoops down at the rear to cover the bottom completely. The front leg seam falls in the join of the abdomen and the thigh to neither roll or expose you.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric can do what it does with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon around it.
- The lining is the same fabric, but plain, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams, and 12mm through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming