Dried Orchid Mono Shoulder with High Leg (Italian Recycled Knit Nylon & Lycra)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
We don't use uncomfortable boning in the unsupported side of our mono-shoulder swimsuits, instead relying on bustdarts, a tight fit and great fabric. So long as you check your bust measurement against our size chart, you will be on track for a stylish, dependable and comfortable time in a one-shouldered design.
A high leg, for us, means crossing that part of your hip where you have the least subcutaneous fat. It is also a leg line that will visually lengthen your leg. While it is not a g-string, you can wear it cheeky, with only minimal gathering of fabric behind. The tradeoff, for some, is the slimness in front; use the photos to judge if this might be a problem for you.
Our's is not the only swim brand using "Vita" fabric from Carvico in Milan. The main reason brands don't, is to reduce cost! As well as being made using recycled plastic (ghost nets pulled from the ocean, for instance) it has proven itself to be more durable and figure controlling than other knit nylon/Lycra. It is the best you can buy before moving to ultra high-end stretch woven fabric from France.
- The single strap joins the neckline with a Pride logo clasp.
- Side darts allow for the bust and let the fabric do what it has been designed to do, with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch. This makes the crotch especially comfortable too!
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer). All colours are 190gsm (lining included).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; 8mm across the neck and back seam and; 12mm through the strap.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Shrubb Hub.