Candy Stripe Bikini (Stretch Woven)
Soft as fairy floss, to look at and touch, with a brushed-cotton-like texture and dainty pink and white stripes.
Can also be worn with a Candy Stripe G-string.
The top features:
- Available in a fabric-only option, or with soft neoprene inserts. Choose "Bralette (only)" for our regular, unlined version; it dries faster and has a more natural allure. Choose "Bralette with lining (only)" if modesty is your concern. To prevent the ingress of sand, optional lining pads are sewn in, i.e., they can't be removed. They are made from thin (2mm) moulded neoprene.
- an adjustable under bust band offering plus-or-minus 4cm beyond the recommended size in each range—wear it loose as a bra or when sunbathing then cinch it up tight for high diving or swimming in surf.
- a Pride logo clasp that closes with an audible snap, thanks to the addition of washers.
- bagged out seams for maximum comfort and to eliminate the ingress of sand.
- fabric lining as thick as the fabric on the outside.
The bind waist (skimpy) bottoms feature:
- a Pride logo clasp on each hip for the convenience of changing while wearing your trousers.
- tiny washers in the clasps to ensure they snap shut.
- fully secured lining throughout the seamless front panel, for comfort and to ensure the concealed seams remain hidden.
- 143gsm lining, front and back, to even anatomical contours and prohibit the ingress of sand
- added rubber tension in the rear seams to resist slippage, for example when surfing.
- a cut that strikes a balance between decorum, tanning and feeling free in the sun and the water.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it.
- The lining is the same fabric, but white, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- Straps and bands are made from 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm treated latex is ran through all straps and opening seams with 0.12mm Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber in the seams of the triangles.
- 8-sliders and O-rings are nylon coated steel, the most durable hardware for swimwear there is.
- Clasps are moulded exclusively for Pride with our logo. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming