Orders Resume on Monday
This is the first and only swimsuit developed specifically for postpartum women, to keep. Pregnancy, itself, is a short-lived concern. Breastfeeding is what continues. As for other changes to the body, post-childbirth, they can stay with a woman for life.
We took these medium and long term concerns to a midwife, Sue Hall, who runs "Aquanatal" programs for pregnant and postpartum women, and asked her and her students to brainstorm and test some ideas. The result is a swimsuit cut to flatter a mother and hold her in shape with bust darts, heavy fabric and lining. Though the clasps on the chest, in one sense, are to enhance the neckline and as decoration, they are also for ease of breastfeeding. The most awkward aspect of nursing a baby while wearing swimwear, is freeing your arm from the strap. With Pride's Nursing Swimsuit, that awkward moment is gone.
Choose Any Colour
We recommend Navy as a slimming and flattering colour you will never grow tired of. You're welcome though to choose any colour you see on our site. Just select "custom colour" at checkout and use the comments box your will see to tell us your choice. (Your chosen colour will be used for the lining as well.)
- Pride Logo clasps where shoulder straps meet the neck, to visually widen the shoulders and for ease of breastfeeding.
- Self-lining as standard for unrivalled figure control and strength of colour.
- Stitching across the chest and leg seams is concealed for a finessed finished, impervious to change over time.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and to provide a slight lift.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. Our swimsuits are designed to look good on your body, not just the clothes hanger!
- The cut is just high enough on the hip to lengthen the leg in the eyes of the viewer, without drawing attention to the trick being played.
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; 8mm across the neck, and buttocks and; 12mm across the back seam and through the adjustable straps.
- All hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride using alloys not effected by salt water or by chlorine. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece hand cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Dr. Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb.
- Location photography by Steven Fleming
- The size-6 bathing costumes in our photos are modelled by our short haired brunette model, Lily Downes, (bust 84cm, waist 64cm, lower hip 91cm, cup size B) and our long copper haired model, Lateesha Minns, (bust 83cm, waist 65cm, lower hip 84cm, cup size B).