"Seconde Peau" Bodysuit in Various Colours.
Orders Resume on Monday
In the middle and at the end of a work day, you will be ready for a swim and a sun-bake without ever having to change. You will even be able to go straight from the office to a restaurant then on to a night club or concert. This versatile piece is available with regular lining, or self-lining for the ultimate in shape control and colour strength. Combined with darts, strong nylon enhances your figure without flattening your bust like most swimsuits.
The Seconde Peau is one of our premium range of shape-control swimsuits in which we use the same 190gsm fabric in all four fabric panels: the front and back outer and front and back lining. If it is sized correctly, it should be hard to pull over your hips. Your reward for that effort is stronger colour and much better figure control.
A Note on the Topic of White.
In case you're wondering, two layers of 190gsm white Vita Lycra, look like this wet:
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and to provide a slight lift.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for Pride so they double as a decorative feature.
- The cut is just high enough on the hip to lengthen the leg in the eyes of the viewer, without drawing attention to the trick being played.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. In other words, it is designed to look best on the body, not the clothes hanger.
- Bottom coverage is such that this swimsuit can be worn modest or cheeky, as shown.
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer). Neon Pink is 78% Polyester, not Nylon, for colour fastness.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams and 8mm across the neck, back and buttocks, and 8mm through the adjustable spaghetti straps.
- All hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride using alloys not effected by salt water or by chlorine. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.
- Studio photography by Edward Cross in Newcastle
- Location photography by Steven Fleming
- The size-6 bathing costumes in our photos are modelled by our straight haired blonde model Lili Kahmali (bust 75cm, waist 58cm, lower hip 89cm, cup size A) our curly haired blonde model Scarlet Avery (bust 84cm, waist 64cm, lower hip 82cm, cup size A) and our curly haired brunette model, Mary Dransfield (bust 84cm, waist 67cm, lower hip 78cm, cup size B.)
- The name Seconde Peau was the idea of our French friend, Charlene.
Instructions for making
Cut four whole pieces of premium fashion fabric, two for the lining and two for the back. Heat press all labels. 3-thread overlock lining and self of the front pieces across the wide neck and fix spaghetti straps with long bar tacks. Meter rubber to seam and zig-zag stitch lining to rubber. Now form two impeccable darts with a straight stitch. Overlock leg seams, apply rubber to them, then fully stitch lining to rubber, right the way down to the crotch. Turn right-side-out and close side seams. You are ready now to start joining the assembled front panel to the lining and the self of the back. Overlock the lining to the self of the back panel to close the openings across the buttocks and back. Apply rubber, fold hems and secure with a twin needle hemming machine. Secure the ends of all seams with a bar tack then thread and bar tack spaghetti straps using custom 8-sliders and O-rings (skip if requiring fixed straps). Trim spare thread and rubber. Dust off any tailor's chalk, apply swing tag and pack.
Match complete swimsuit to a woman who fits into it snuggly. It should be a tight squeeze to get in. Stand back now and watch as she enjoys being seen in a swimsuit that smooths and yet honours her curves. Feel like Michelangelo after freeing an angel from stone.
Also available with 14mm wide straps
Should you be inclined to high dive, bodysurf, or lose straps from their shoulders for whatever reason, the option exists to have your bodysuit made with more heavily rubberised, 14mm straps. Just leave a note in the comments when placing your order and we will make it your way!