Fast Drying Maillot—Red Oxide & Gold: Time Travel Edition (French Woven)
Orders Resume on Monday
Alchemy is a trial and error process of rudderless experimentation with a mind to improbable goals. It is the best you can do, if your aim is to turn lead into gold, or make a swimsuit that can transport a person through time.
Some future humans will look at this swimsuit and laugh, for one of two possible reasons: either it will have been proven that time travel is impossible, or, time travel will exist, but it will not involve luxury swimwear. There will be future humans though who will look at Pride's Time Travel Swimsuit the way more generous people, today, look back at the alchemists' work. "At least they were trying!" we say, for it is better to clutch aimlessly at improbable goals than sit on our hands and do nothing.
One does not approach alchemy with common ingredients. We assume others have tried those and failed. We do what hasn't been done, because it's not easily done, with the rarest elements we can find. It is in that spirit that we have gone to the boldest, most innovative manufacture of swimwear fabric on Earth, for a stretch-weave in our signature colour, red oxide. Interwoven with the red oxide strands are others bound in gold polyester. You really are looking at the ground unicorn horn of swim fabrics!
The visual effect is not the result of a print process prone to wear off. The effect is in the weave, fully. Another way to explain that, is to tell you the fabric, on the roll, is the same on both sides! There is no front and back.
In no way is function compromised either. Shape control, drying time and durability is the same for all gaments in our French-woven, luxury range.
The genesis of this swimsuit can be found in an essay on Futurist/futuristic architecture and what it says about you and your city.
- A high legline helps provide a statuesque look, underlined by the low and square neckline that visually shortens the torso.
- Side darts allow for the bust and help the fabric provide you with support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for Pride to double as a decorative feature.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, whether it is metalic gold or red oxide in colour, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it. (Read about the French Woven fabric we use).
- The lining is the same fabric, but black, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.