Sea Mist Bikini (Italian Recycled Knit Nylon & Lycra)
Orders Resume on Monday
Since Florentine architects, like Brunelleschi and Michelangelo, started using the cheapest available grey stone to do their most significant work, architects have known the power of grey. It doesn't set out to bedazzle. Rather, it invites calm observation of sculptural forms. "I could never wear white," shy women will tell you. What they mean is they don't have the courage required for light grey.
Travel sketch of Michelangelo's Laurentian Library by Steven Fleming:
BUNDLE AND SAVE
Buy the bralette with both kinds of briefs (the bind waisted and the high waisted) for a reduced price.
Our's is not the only swim brand using "Vita" fabric from Carvico in Milan. The main reason brands don't, is to reduce cost! As well as being made using recycled plastic (ghost nets pulled from the ocean, for instance) it has proven itself to be more durable and figure controlling than other knit nylon/Lycra. It is the best you can buy before moving to ultra high-end stretch woven fabric from France.
The top features:
- an adjustable under bust band offering plus-or-minus 4cm beyond the recommended size in each range—wear it loose as a bra or when sunbathing then cinch it up tight for high diving or swimming in surf.
- ultra-fine (0.12mm) Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber from Japan in the seams of the triangles, for an elegant profile and reduced seam bulk
- a Pride logo clasp that closes with an audible snap, thanks to the addition of washers.
- bagged out seams for maximum comfort and to eliminate the ingress of sand.
- self-lining (i.e., lining as thick as the fabric on the outside).
The bind waist (skimpy) bottoms feature:
- a Pride logo clasp on each hip for the convenience of changing while wearing your trousers.
- tiny washers in the clasps to ensure they snap shut.
- fully secured lining throughout the seamless front panel, for comfort and to ensure the concealed seams remain hidden.
- self-lining, front and back, to even anatomical contours and prohibit the ingress of sand
- added rubber tension in the rear seams to resist slippage, for example when surfing.
- a cut that strikes a balance between decorum, tanning and feeling free in the sun and the water.
The high waisted briefs feature
- Full bottom coverage
- Self-lining for compression/figure control
- bagged out seams with fully secured lining through the front leg and waist for comfort and a minimalist finish,
- added rubber tension to the rear seams to resist slippage, for example when surfing.
- Self fabric and lining in matching 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm treated latex is ran through all straps and opening seams.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Shrubb Hub.