Dried Orchid Boy Leg / "Dolly" (Recycled Nylon/Lycra)
A subtle V-neck, bagged out for an elegant, seamless appearance.
We minimise gaping at the rear (a standard problem with boy-legs) by running tensioned rubber through the rear leg seam, then loosening the tension through the front leg for your comfort. Our boy-leg is slightly shorter than most, to do away with the need for any centre-back seam.
- The leg line flatters any figure and is utterly modest.
- The elegant neckline is enhanced by the concealment of rubber, sandwiched between two equal weight layers of fabric.
- It is fully self-lined for the ultimate in figure control.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and let the fabric do its thing with regards to support.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded, exclusively for Pride, to double as a decorative feature.
- For the outer self fabric, as well as the lining, we use 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick and 8mm wide treated latex has been used throughout, i.e., the straps, across the neck, around the legs and across the back seam.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece hand cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
About This Cut
Dolly Oakley of Wallsend, NSW, had 4 children and 10 grandchildren. One of those grandchildren now tailors luxury swimwear.
Ma didn't live to see this particular venture of mine, but would have bragged about it non-stop; she was indiscriminate in her praise for all our endeavours, no matter how grand or how trifling.
If she were alive, I know Ma would grin ear-to-ear at some of Pride's skimpier costumes. "That's what the young ones are wearing," she'd say. This style, Ma, with its modest leg line, and pretty V-neck, is in honour of you. Thanks for the love that you showed us!
Ma with my mum and my aunty, when she was a "young one" herself.