The only school known still to exist in the lost city of Atlantis, continues to produce many of the world’s swimming champions. While attending school at the bottom of the ocean is no doubt a contributing factor, another is students’ eagerness to don their school sports swimming costumes. Academically, students of the Academia de la Atlantis excel in jurisprudence, vivisection and logic.
Available in Australian Girl's sizes, 14 and 16.
Please note, this piece does not qualify for Pride's custom fitting service.
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, drawing the eye to the shoulders.
Our regular leg line strikes a balance between modesty and a desire to visually lengthen the leg with a leg seam approaching the hip. It is an inch higher than our full bottom cut, and an inch lower than our high leg line.
Our scoop back is the result of expert pattern making and prototyping to reduce (and for most wearers eliminate) gaping. The snug fit is the result of parametric geometry and rubber tensioning, and the inclusion of an adjustable back strap.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric provides you with support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber through the scoop back, and crossing the buttocks, than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- All hardware is nylon coated steel, the most durable hardware of all.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm in the neck, buttocks and back seams, and through the adjustable straps.
Fabric for feature panel.
- Every strand of this stretch-woven fabric, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon around it.
Fabric for bottom front and rear panel plus the front and back lining.
- 190gsm Vita, from Carvico in Milan, comprising 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra.
- Cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming