Only a small amount of this unique fabric was ever milled, and a little that remains, is with us. We will serve as many customers as we able, with swimsuits made-to-order from it. With its unique array of textures and accents, it celebrates the decorative possibilities of stretch-woven technology, and a mindset that overshoots perfection, by not considering costs.
Our scoop back is the result of expert pattern making and prototyping to reduce (and for most wearers eliminate) gaping. The snug fit is the result of parametric geometry and rubber tensioning, and the inclusion of an adjustable back strap.
"Maillot" (rough pronunciation: My Oh) simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
Our regular leg line strikes a balance between modesty and a desire to visually lengthen the leg with a leg seam approaching the hip. It is an inch higher than our full bottom cut, and an inch lower than our high leg line.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric can do what it does with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber through the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon around it.
- The lining is the same fabric, but plain, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm in the neck, buttocks and back seams, and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming