Every cloth in my grandmother's house, was either patchwork, crocheted or checkered. All three remind me of the Sunday dinners she put on for a tribe of aunties and uncles, and my parents, sister and cousins. The bold check of her tablecloth, I associate with bread and beef and vegetable soup.
This most accomodating of cuts is designed to fit, and flatter, almost buyers. The neck line flatters with decolletage, while giving you confidence with high anchorage points. The leg line is just high enough on your hip to visually lengthen your legs, while remaining modest in front and behind. Meanwhile, four pieces of heavy tensioning stretch-woven fabric (including the blue velvet and gold accent check panel) work with the high back and bust darts to provide unrivalled figure control.
Fast drying, hard wearing and made-to-order for you.
Our V-neckline has been developed to provide a hint of decolletage, but with the security of high anchor points for the straps. Tensioned 8mm rubber, hidden between the self-fabric and lining, mantains a snug fit, whether you're bodysurfing or simply moving about.
Our regular leg line strikes a balance between modesty and a desire to visually lengthen the leg with a leg seam approaching the hip. It is an inch higher than our full bottom cut, and an inch lower than our high leg line.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric can do what it does with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber through the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon around it.
- The lining is the same fabric, but plain, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm in the neck, buttocks and back seams, and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming