Gold and Red Oxide, Full Bottom Metalic Maillot (Fast Drying French Woven)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
You're looking at maillots with full bottoms. The leg seam crosses the upper thigh in line with the fullest part of the bottom, then scoops down at the rear to cover the bottom completely. The front leg seam falls in the join of the abdomen and the thigh to neither roll or expose you.
This item is from our fast drying French Woven range. Every strand is elastane with a flexible nylon and polyester casing around it. The drying time, fabric life and compressive (figure controlling) effect are like nothing you have ever experienced in a swimsuit. The elaborate milling process carries a cost, but that will soon be forgotten; the many benefits of your investment are what will endure.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric can do what it does with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look good on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, whether it is metalic gold or coloured, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon and polyester around it. (Read about the French Woven fabric we use).
- The lining is the same fabric, but black, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams and through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.
It takes light rays leaving the sun eight minutes and twenty seconds to travel through space to this fabric, not knowing on the way if the swimsuit it finds will even be angled to reflect it back to an eye, so consider your role in the cosmos.