Colour blocking, tailoring and feature stitching, combine in a flattering, slimming and sporty design.
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
Our regular leg line strikes a balance between modesty and a desire to visually lengthen the leg with a leg seam approaching the hip. It is an inch higher than our full bottom cut, and an inch lower than our high leg line.
- The colour blocking is not printed, but made by sewing individual panels and securing each seam by cover-stitching.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and to provide a slight lift.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are nylong coated steel: the strongest and most durable available in any swimsuit.
- In the eyes of the viewer, the waist appears slimmer and the bust slightly fuller, due to the banding and colour arrangement.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch. This makes the crotch especially comfortable too!
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- The swimsuit is fully lined, front and back, using the same 190gsm pale grey Nylon Lycra used for the outer chest piece.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths:8mm across the neck , back and buttocks; and 6mm across the front leg seams.
- The 8mm shoulder straps are elasticated with 0.63mm treated elastic for a snug grip in the surf.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design by Steven Fleming