These stretch-woven compression pants exert stronger, more even tension, are faster drying, more breathable and 35% lighter than tights made from knit fabric. They will not show dust picked up during floor work, and have a soft brushed-cotton-like texture belying their technical brilliance.
(Cannot be made to order)
The elastane in a regular stretch garment doesn't begin to exert tension until it has been significantly stretched. That is because it is part of a looped (knitted) structure. Stretch-woven fabric - developed for medical applications and now the choice of elite sports teams - only needs to fit snuggly, to exert just as much tension as when it is strretched.
If the animal kingdom had evolved to wear leggings, only the terrestial creatures would wear ones thjat were knitted. The birds and the fish would be wearing stretch-woven.
It is simply that light!
Regular stretch fabric incorporates fine elastane fibres into a knit, leaving them largely exposed. In a stretch-woven garment, every fibre is elastane, with fluffy nylon spun all around it. Encasing elastane means it is much better protected, giving greater life to a garment.
People who really work out (meaning they sweat) know regular sports tights only disguise perspiration, by keeping it trapped. Even though they stretch, hug and compress you, these pants are not much thicker than muslin, and have exactly the same woven structure. That means, they actually breathe.
Learn more about stretch-woven fabric on our French manufacturer's website.
- stretch-woven fabric, milled for Pride, by Payen Sa, in Saint Julien en Saint Alban in France.
- 145gsm stretch-woven lining to waist band for added support.
- All seams 4-thread overlocked then cover-stitched flat, for comfort, smart looks and long life.
- 0.65mm x 12mm rubber through bagged-out waist seam
- Each piece hand cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Dr. Steven Fleming