Stretch-woven fabric has revolutionised compression stockings for medical uses, and costumes for competitive swimming. I've used it here for pockets and lining designed to give any woman who wears a prosthesis, the greatest possible confidence, that everything is staying in place.
The only attention this swimsuit will garner, will be for the outer, self fabric. It is stretch-woven as well, and will leave you wondering how velvet ribs and gold accents, could ever appear in a swimsuit.
Features secure pockets, 145gsm stretch-woven pockets and lining, under-bust shelf, a higher underarm cut, and increased bust allowance.
Special Under Arm Cut
To ensure any scarring is covered, this swimsuit is cut higher under the arm, than my regular swimsuit, on which this is modelled.
Extra allowance is provided, meaning this suit can comfortably accommodate up to an E-cup, or an F in some cases.
Features my sports neck, designed for high diving, bodysurfing, bungie jumping, or anything that might force a top down. The straps are my widest, for support at the shoulders, and so they are quick to adjust. Leave them loose when your preference is comfort. Cinch tight when you're ready for action.
The leg seam on this full bottomed swimsuit crosses the upper thigh in line with the fullest part of the bottom, then scoops down at the rear to cover the bottom completely. The front leg seam falls in the join of the abdomen and the thigh to neither roll or expose you.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) in the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an excahnge or refund.
- Larger than normal side darts have been added to allow for the bust, while maintain maximum fabric tension through the sternum.
- Includes a thick elastic under-bust shelf.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- 8mm x 0.63mm tensioned rubber is sewn into the openings to the prosthesis pockets, to hold your prosthesis securely in place.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. A Pride swimsuit is designed to look best on your body, not the clothes hanger.
- Every strand of the stretch woven fabric, has a core of elastane within a protective casing of strong nylon around it.
- The lining is the same fabric, but plain, and 143gsm to support the smart tailored look and provide unrivalled figure control.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; and 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams, and 12mm through the adjustable straps.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming with expert pattern making by industry veteran, Karissa Shrubb.