Mono Shoulder Maillot with High Leg
Orders Resume on Monday
Much of the credit for this offering must go to our regular model, Scarlet, who urged us to add such a swimsuit to the Pride range. We hesitated only because the high leg line and mono shoulder seems sassy, when our brand image is slightly more traditional, or demure.
It was when we began prototyping that we realised a mono-shoulder style was absolutely right for our brand. It stuns, without shocking, can be worn cheeky or modest, and the way our swimmer-girl clasp faces the right way on the shoulder would have you believe it was specially developed for this design!
Glamour, shape control and, at Scarlet's request, available in extra heavy-weight coal coloured fabric.
- Available in Coal/Black, an extra thick (225gsm) fabric, at no extra cost. Though the extra thickness will make the drying time longer, it does provide quite incredible shape control and feels truly luxurious to the touch.
- The single strap joins the neckline with a Pride logo clasp.
- The high cut visually lengthens the leg and shortens the torso–in theory, at least.
- The crotch is comfortable, but cut slim.
- Side darts allow for the bust and provide a slight lift.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack. Pride swimsuits are designed to look best on your body, not a clothes hanger.
- For fabric I use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer). All colours are 190gsm (lining included), unless you choose Coal/Black, in which case all four panels are 225gsm.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams; 8mm across the neck and back seam and; 12mm through the strap.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb in Newcastle.
Our white swimsuits are made with the same white fabric for the lining as we use on the outside, so, depending on your colouring, may appear see-through when wet.