Plimsoll Line Swimsuit
This variant is currently sold out
Environmental awareness and a sense of civic duty, is leading more of us to take our vacations at home. Who though will celebrate our wise choices? Social media and advertising seem rigged to bring attention to those burning fuel, and for what? The waters they fly to are often no bluer than any we swim in at home!
Such is the thinking behind our Plimsoll Line swimsuit, inspired by the colours of freighters. We know shipping itself could be greener, but the decision to vacation in your port city, is one of the greenest you could possibly make.
Think of it as a happy coincidence that red oxide, matt black and pure white combine in such stunning fashion when applied to the making of swimwear.
- The colour banding is not printed, but made by sewing individual panels and securing each seam with a twin needle machine.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and to provide a slight lift.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for PRIDE so they double as a decorative feature.
- The cut is just high enough on the hip to lengthen the leg in the eyes of the viewer, without drawing attention to the trick being played.
- In the eyes of the viewer, the waist appears slimmer and the bust slightly fuller, due to the banding and colour arrangement.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch.
- A fraction more tension has been put in the rubber crossing the buttocks than is normal with swimsuits sold off the rack.
- Bottom coverage is such that this swimsuit can be worn modest or cheeky.
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- Red and white Lycra is 190gsm. An extra heavy fabric weight of 250gsm is used for the black waist band for added figure control. For modesty's sake, the 50gsm Xtra Life Lycra lining is skin tone in colour.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams and 8mm across the neck, back and buttocks.
- The 14mm shoulder straps are elasticated with 0.63mm treated elastic for a snug grip in the surf.
- All hardware is moulded exclusively for PRIDE using alloys not effected by salt water or by chlorine. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design by Steven Fleming
- Location photography by Steven Fleming
- The size-6 swimming costume in our photos is modelled by Mary Dransfield (@maryadrans) bust 84cm, waist 67cm, lower hip 78cm, cup size B.