Red Oxide Bikini (Recycled Nylon/Lycra)
Sold Out (contact us about making one for you)
Putting aside strong views we all hold regarding coal exports, we have to admit, there are advantages to living in port cities. Rather than indulging in flippant car and air travel, residents of these cities can swim and surf without leaving home. By making red oxide, the colour of freighters, a key signature colour for our swim brand, we are underlining our sustainability mission. We also find it to be an incredibly beautiful and flattering colour, with as many moods as the water in changing light.
BUNDLE AND SAVE
Buy the bralette with both kinds of briefs (the bind waisted and the high waisted) for a reduced price.
The top features:
- an adjustable under bust band offering plus-or-minus 4cm beyond the recommended size in each range—wear it loose as a bra or when sunbathing then cinch it up tight for high diving or swimming in surf.
- ultra-fine (0.12mm) Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber from Japan in the seams of the triangles, for an elegant profile and reduced seam bulk
- a Pride logo clasp that closes with an audible snap, thanks to the addition of washers.
- bagged out seams for maximum comfort and to eliminate the ingress of sand.
- self-lining (i.e., lining as thick as the fabric on the outside).
The bind waist (skimpy) bottoms feature:
- a Pride logo clasp on each hip for the convenience of changing while wearing your trousers.
- tiny washers in the clasps to ensure they snap shut.
- fully secured lining throughout the seamless front panel, for comfort and to ensure the concealed seams remain hidden.
- self-lining, front and back, to even anatomical contours and prohibit the ingress of sand
- added rubber tension in the rear seams to resist slippage, for example when surfing.
- a cut that strikes a balance between decorum, tanning and feeling free in the sun and the water.
The high waisted briefs feature
- Full bottom coverage
- Self-lining for compression/figure control
- bagged out seams with fully secured lining through the front leg and waist for comfort and a minimalist finish,
- added rubber tension to the rear seams to resist slippage, for example when surfing.
- Self fabric and lining in matching 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm treated latex is ran through all straps and opening seams.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming