Pride's most sensible leg line (the modest one you don't need to check in the mirror) combines with our most versatile low and square neckline and a truly revolutionary fabric, to make a swimsuit as ready as you are for life in and out of the water.
The elasticity and crepe texture of the fabric is going to make you feel happier than ever about stepping out wearing no more than a swimsuit. I started this venture to enjoy more time at the beach with my (occasionally) self-conscious wife and although she loves everything I have made for her, her Fast Drying Boy-Leg Maillot gets the most use.
Quite often it is dry before she reaches her towel. If she is only going for a quick dip, it barely gets wet! It is as comfortable (nearly) as going nude and insofar as shape control is concerned (that being the end goal of my obsession with rubber tensioning, bust darts and the perfect cut), it fills my wife with the confidence she needs to forget herself and have fun.
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
We minimise gaping at the rear (a standard problem with boy-legs) by running tensioned rubber through the rear leg seam, then loosening the tension through the front leg for your comfort. Our boy-leg is slightly shorter than most, to do away with the need for any centre-back seam.
- The leg line flatters any figure and is utterly modest.
- The square neckline is enhanced by the concealment of rubber, sandwiched between two equal weight layers of fabric. Slip on a pair of jeans and no one will believe you are wearing a swimsuit!
- Like all Pride maillots, the lining works in balance with the self fabric for the ultimate in figure control.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and let the fabric do what it has been designed to do, with regards to support.
- For the outer self fabric, as well as the lining, I use 143gsm "Espadon" stretch woven fabric from Payen in France. Every fibre consists of an elastane core with nylon spun about it, for protection.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester from Coats in the UK.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick and 8mm wide treated latex has been used in the straps, across the neck, around the legs and across the back seam.
- The O-rings and 8-sliders are steel, encased within nylon, so they will never rust.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming