This piece is made with the same white fabric for the lining as we use on the outside, so, depending on your colouring, it may look translucent when wet. Care instructions (for keeping it white!) can be found on our FAQs page.
"Maillot" simply means swimsuit in French. We use the word to differentiate the swimming costumes we make with low and square necklines, from those with V-necks or sports necks, etc.. Our "maillot neckline" is especially sophisticated, accentuating the bust and drawing the eye to the shoulders.
A high leg, for us, means crossing that part of your hip where you have the least subcutaneous fat. It is also a leg line that will visually lengthen your leg. While it is not a g-string, you can wear it cheeky, with only minimal gathering of fabric behind. The tradeoff, for some, is the slimness in front; use the photos to judge if this might be a problem for you.
- Stitching across the chest and leg seams is concealed to create the most minimalistic front panel.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch. This makes the crotch especially comfortable too!
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and let the fabric do what it has been designed to do, with regards to support.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded for Pride to double as decorative features.
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 8mm across the neck, buttocks and back seams and through the adjustable straps; and 6mm through the front leg seams.
- Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
Because it will be made to order, your purchase will qualify for Pride's bespoke fitting service. Simply provide us with your bust, waist, hip and trunk measurements (instructions here) using the "remarks" box you will see when placing your order. For no additional cost, we will ensure your swimsuit fits you precisely, for example by lengthening the trunk or adjusting the bust or hip size. We will let you know in advance if custom making will exclude "change of mind" as a reason for claiming an exchange or refund.
- Each piece hand cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Dr. Steven Fleming