Underpants Bikini, Raw White (Stretch-Woven)
It is a constitutional right, of every Australian, to swim in their undies - especially if it is their first swim of the season. The only problem with undies, for swimming, is they are easily whipped off by the surf.
This bralette and G-string combination, while retaining the perfunctory air of your underwear, is engineered for high diving, cartwheels, solid dumpings, and all of those things you will do.
Like undergarments, they become see-through when wet. Heat-pressed care labels, inner seamwork, and cleverly reversed branding, become clearly visible on the outside. As for your anatomy, that will remain partially (acceptably?) veiled.
On the other hand, the speed at which they will dry, means you will be able to queue for hot chips or an iceblock, without feeling too exposed. Once thoroughly dry, they meet all Australian laws and mores for clothing that can be worn shopping, provided facilities managers, or individual store owners, do not object.
The Underpants Bikini is an important installment in Pride's growing "Lib" range. It is for those who see a role for themselves, in staking the limits of individual freedom, without causing undue offence.
The G-String features:
- fully secured lining throughout the seamless front panel, for comfort and to ensure the seams stay concealed.
- Meticulous construction, ensuring stitching is not in contact with sensitive skin.
- Reversed brand label in the front panel, to read the right way, when it becomes wet.
The top features:
- an adjustable under bust band offering plus-or-minus 4cm beyond the recommended size in each range—wear it loose as a bra or when sunbathing then cinch it up tight for high diving or swimming in surf.
- ultra-fine (0.12mm) Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber from Japan in the seams of the triangles, for an elegant profile and no seam bulk.
- a Pride logo clasp that closes with an audible snap, thanks to the addition of washers.
- bagged out seams for maximum comfort and to eliminate the ingress of sand.
- The lining and outer self fabric is 143gsm "Espadon" stretch woven fabric from Payen in France. Every strand of elastane is spun within a protective casing of nylon. This fabric becomes almost totally see-through when wet.
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm treated latex is ran through all straps and opening seams with 0.12mm Nisshinbo Mobilon rubber in the seams of the top's triangles.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece individually cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming