Dolly — Boy-Leg Swimsuit with V-neck
Orders Resume on Monday
Dolly Oakley of Wallsend, NSW, had 4 children and 10 grandchildren. One of those grandchildren now tailors luxury swimwear.
Ma didn't live to see this particular venture of mine, but would have bragged about it non-stop; she was indiscriminate in her praise for all our endeavours, no matter how grand or how trifling.
If she were alive I know Ma would grin ear-to-ear at some of Pride's skimpier costumes. "That's what the young ones are wearing," she'd say. This style, Ma, with its modest leg line, and pretty V-neck, is in honour of you. Thanks for the love that you showed us!
Ma with my mum and my aunty, when she was a "young one" herself.
- The leg line flatters any figure and is utterly modest.
- The elegant neckline is enhanced by the concealment of rubber, sandwiched between two equal weight layers of fabric.
- Like all Pride maillots, it is fully self-lined for the ultimate in figure control.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and let the fabric do its thing with regards to support.
- O-rings and 8-sliders are rack plated and moulded, exclusively for Pride, to double as a decorative feature.
- For the outer self fabric, as well as the lining, we use 190gsm Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon, a.k.a. "Econyl" and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester. Depending on the colour, they are from one of the following makers: American and Efird (A&E), Coats in the UK, or Perfect Thread Co. in the USA.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick and 8mm wide treated latex has been used throughout, i.e., the straps, across the neck, around the legs and across the back seam.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Each piece hand cut and sewn in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Pattern making and grading by Karissa Shrubb.
Our white swimsuits are made with the same white fabric for the lining as we use on the outside, so, depending on your colouring, may appear see-through when wet.