Combining the adjustable cross back and sports neck of a competition swimsuit, with the self-lining and tailoring of one made for figure control, our race back swimsuit is as flattering as it is dependable when dropped from great heights.
The "red oxide" version is responsibly small-batch produced as part our signature range. While it does not qualify for our custom fitting service, you may still provide us with your measurements, as a comment at checkout, and we will assure you of a fabulous fit.
The race back is fully adjustable, width and length wise, so you can perfectly tension your swimsuit before hitting the water. Extensive prototyping was untertaken with the scoop back, that is rimmed with heavily tensioned thick rubber to minimise gaping.
Our sports neck is designed for high diving, bodysurfing, bungie jumping, or anything that might force a top down. We make the straps wider so they are easier to adjust. Leave them loose when your preference is comfort. Cinch tight when you're ready for action.
The front leg seams of our full bottom swimsuits, fall in the join of the abdomen and the thigh, where it will neither roll up or expose you. The back scoops down to cover your bottom, for decorum and protection when sitting.
- Combines a modest round leg line with a sports neck for the perfect balance of performance and style.
- The crotch width is generous in consideration of cycling and cartwheels.
- Side darts have been added to allow for the bust and so the fabric can do what it is designed to, with regards to support.
- To ensure the seams remain hidden, the lining to the front panel has been secured to the rubber across the full width of the neckline and through the leg seams to the crotch. That makes the crotch super comfortable too!
- For fabric we use Vita from Carvico in Milan. It is 78% Recycled Nylon and 22% Xtra Life Lycra. (See technical data from the Australian importer).
- All threads are UV and chlorine resistant polyester.
- For elasticity and endurance, 0.63mm thick treated latex has been used in the following widths: 6mm across the front leg seams, 8mm for the neck, back and buttocks and 12mm through the adjustable straps.
- All metal hardware is moulded exclusively for Pride. Electrostatic rack plating contains no heavy metals, for example cadmium, chromium, copper, mercury, nickel or lead.
- Small batch produced in Newcastle East in Australia.
- Design and prototyping by Steven Fleming
- Photos by Steven Fleming at The Blue Pool in Glenbrook in the lower Blue Mountains
- Model: Shadae (Bamby Management)